Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NA_AB[_2_] NA_AB[_2_] is offline

Default Create Excel ScreenTips for a custom VBA function

hi Ebers, any luck in this regard? am tryin to implement the same...

"Ebers" wrote:

Thanks everyone, the replies were helpful but unfortunately I still haven't
figured out how to do exactly what I want. I believe Corey's code returns a
message box if a given cell is selected, but what i need is the user to be
able to choose any cell and type in "=" and the function name and have a
ScreenTips/Tooltips/balloon message pop up somewhere on the screen,
describing how to use the function.

Nick's idea seemed like it was on the right track, but after following the
steps you gave, I was unable to get any result. I got lost when you said
click the = to the left of the formula bar and the message will appear. I
couldn't find any way for the description I entered in the properties to
appear anywhere.

If you're unclear on what I'd like, open excel and pick a cell and type
"=sum(" and the yellow message that pops up explaining the arguments in the
sum function is what i'd like to do for my user defined function.
Thanks again for the help

"Ebers" wrote:

I would like to have a ScreenTips message show up when the Excel user begins
to type a function I created in VBA. The message would explain what the
arguements in the function are, much the same way the built in functions such
as SUM and AVERAGE do when you start entering them. I'm aware of comment and
data validation notes that can appear when a cell is selected, but I want
something that will appear when the function is being typed into any cell in
a given workbook.
Thanks.