Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
vbnewbie vbnewbie is offline

Default find last non empty cell in a column and display value in msgb

Gary's Student

Drat this autoformatting! The example should be column A having dates,
column B having numbers.
What I need to do is show the value of column B in the the last row in which
column A is not empty in my message box. All I get with your method is an
empty message box?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Sub lvalue()
Dim n As Long, v As Variant
n = Cells(Rows.Count, 2).End(xlUp).Row
v = Cells(n, 2).Value
MsgBox (v)

Gary''s Student - gsnu200830

"vbnewbie" wrote:

I have a column of numbers and wish to display the last non empty cell value
in the column in a msgbox. In rows where there are no values entered the
cells in this column have formulae until updated manually.
e.g.
Row Column A Column B
2 30/01/09 2107 < value I wish to display in msgbox
3 =SUM(B2+1 )

I wish to add the value using a macro

Thanks in advance