Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SteveDB1 SteveDB1 is offline

Default filter macro

As a further addendum, I've found that the text filter selection error only
occurs
when I select blanks in the filter from my source page.
It's as though the filter no longer exists or is only filtering off a single
filter selection, yet when I look at the code, nothing's changed from
yesterday when it worked fine.

Any helps would be appreciated.

"SteveDB1" wrote:

Howdie all.
I have a filter macro that Don Guillett made, and I modified to meet my need.
It's worked perfectly up until now.....
I use it daily so it's not something I want to do without.
My problem is that instead of it setting my destination page filter to the
check list at the bottom of the filter drop down, it selects the text filter.
It's never happened before now. Part of me is wondering if it has to do with
the list of sheet names in my Case statement (Has that list grown too long? I
hope not, because the last few names are because I found that some workbooks
have two common Sum names, and require a numeric designation with the Sum
name).

What would cause a response like I've described above?
My code is below.

Sub FilterA()

Dim wks As Worksheet

mv = range("f3").End(xlDown).value ' this sets the criteria.

For Each wks In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets

Select Case wks.Name

Case "Sum", "Summary", "SUM", "summary", "SUM ", "Sum ", "Summary ",
"SUMMARY", "SUMMARY ", "SUM79", "SUM189", " SUM79", "SUM189",
"SUM79 ", "SUM189 "
With wks
Sheets(wks.Name).range("A8:F8").AutoFilter field:=1,

Criteria1:=mv '"12345"

mv1 = range("a3").End(xlDown).value 'this is my add-on to
set a second criteria filter- Name of owner.

Sheets(wks.Name).range("A8:F8").AutoFilter field:=3,
Criteria1:=mv1 'this takes in to account the owner name for a filter.

End With
End Select

Next wks

End Sub