BAZZA

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUGGESTION BUT I NEED TO ENTER DETAILS IN RESPECTIVE
COLUMNS FOR 7 SECTIONS FOR STUDENTS-
PAPERS-BOOKS-UNIFORM-DANCE-FUNCTIONS-ATTENDANCE-REPORTS AND I WANTED TO MOVE
FROM COLUMN E TO THE RESPECTIVE PRODUCT COLUMN INSTEAD OF MOVING MANUALLY

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

It sounds as though you are trying to do some form of analysed cashbook.
Why not just use a Pivot Table to analyses your data rather than entering
further data across a range of 32 columns?

Take a look at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm

for information on how to use pivot tables.

Regards

Roger Govier

BAZZA wrote:
i have a spread sheet 32 columns in length and if column b = paper then i
want the cursor to move to column h after i have entered details from column
a to column d and then if column b = book then i want the cursor to move to
column m and so forth.
i tried to use the if function in column e but could not get it to work.
Is there a formula or a function that i can use to do this instead of moving
the cursor manually.
I can work this using f5 and putting in the column and row number but i was
wondering if there might be a more productive way of doing it
thank you