Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Pecoflyer[_387_] Pecoflyer[_387_] is offline

Default If this condition meet, then this text

Still learning@work;203097 Wrote:
Im working in an employee spreadsheet. In this worksheet, the
department
number is either a 1, 2, or 3 digit number. In order to print reports,
would like to be able to have the department name printed out.

Is there a way to write a formula OR to tie the information in that
cell to
the full name in another spreadsheet or workbook? Example: Dept.
€ś1€ť =
€śAccounting €“ Payables€ť. I have 25 departments and 200 employees
and I don't
want to cut and paste.

Ive struggled with the €śIF€ť formula to no avail. So help on
this would be
greatly appreciated.

As some of the characters of your post are unreadable, I'm not sure
what you are looking for, but as far as I can understand, it might be
the VLOOKUP function :)

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
*'Membership is free' (http://www.thecodecage.com)* & allows file
upload -faster and better answers

*Adding your XL version* to your post helps finding solution faster
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=55852