Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Want to do a SumProduct formula

If this was my task I would use a Pivot Table.

http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-pivot-tables.htm
http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/pivottbls/index.htm
http://www.dicks-blog.com/archives/2...le-parameters/

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Sam Commar" wrote in message
I have the following coloums in my Excel sheet. I have close to 30000
records and this will be an ongoing monthly process that I will need to do.

My data has 5 coloums from A to E

The 5 coloums of data are as below
A B C D E
Acct Subacct Project DebitAmt CreditAmt

I was trying to use a SumProduct formula to do do the Totals of the
DebitAmt and the CreditAmt by each distinct
Acct Subacct Project combination.

I have used the Advanced filter so that now in Coloum F G H have the
distinct Acct Subacct Project combinations.

Can I bother you to please guide me that once I have the distinct
Acct Subacct Project combinations in Coloum F G H- how can I get the sum
of the debitamt and creditamt amounts for each Acct-Subacct-Project
combination.

Sandy