Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz JLGWhiz is offline

Default Save As

To clarify:

fName = Application.GetSaveAs Filename:=Ans1 & " " & Ans2
fName.Save

"Dave" wrote:

Hi,
XL2003
I am trying to do a SaveAs according to inputs entered by the op.
Two questions are asked, answers are Ans1 and Ans2
If I use: ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=Ans1 & " " & Ans2
Then the workbook is saved correctly, but to the default location. I want
the op to be able to choose the location, but for the constructed filename to
be already present in the SaveAs dialogue box.
I tried: Application.GetSaveAsFilename (Ans1 & " " & Ans2)
which looked promising, allowing me to select the destination. But after
clicking Save, although the SaveAs dialogue box closed and the macro resumed,
the workbook was not actually saved.
Is there a syntax that will do what I want?
Thanks in advance.
Regards - Dave.