Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Error coding for access of locked cells...

It sounds like you have the option checked -- to allow selection of locked
cells. When I lock cells and then protect the worksheet, I can't select the
cells and I can't doubleclick to select on any of those locked cells.

I'd take a look once more.

Yes, you can turn off that setting.

Option Explicit
Sub Auto_Open()
Application.EditDirectlyInCell = False
End Sub

(You could use the workbook_open event if you want.)

gab1972 wrote:
<snipped

Dave Peterson

I actually have that feature (unable to select locked cells) enabled.
If I click on the cell, it doesn't highlight...but if I double-click
it, then I get that message box and it goes to the sheet and cell that
populated that locked cell.

Also, following your advice about turning that feature off (Edit
directly in cell), is this possible to disable this function with some
Workbook Open coding? I have some coding that turns off sheet tabs,
column and row headings, and all the menu bar items except for File
and Help...can I add some coding in here to do what you suggested?

Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson