Peo Sjoblom

Copy this formula down

=INT(RAND()*(10-1)+1)

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Allie" wrote in message

I've been trying to generate random numbers using excel's random number
generator in the analysis toolpak. I'm using Uniform number generation
between 0 and 1, and I am using a random seed, as I would like to be able
re-generate the same numbers in the future.

Using seeds from 1 to 10, when i fill a range of 16 cells with random
numbers, the first cell filled is always the lowest. This is an extremely
unlikely circumstance with a true RN generator. I just wanted to raise
this
flag, as it could be affecting others without their knowledge.

Thanks,
Allie