Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Autofill macro - variable destination cells

You're still using column A to determine that next row. But you're pasting in
that cell that's one row down and 33 to the right.

Kell2604 wrote:

SORRY - looks like I may have grabbed the wrong code...

Range("AH2:AM2").Select
Selection.Copy
Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 33).Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
** Now it should autofill from here to the last occupied row as determined
by column AG.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

If you're using this code:

Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Select

Then you're looking at column A.

Kell2604 wrote:

No...

My formulas are in AH2 - AM2
I use column AG only to determine my last row.

I'll try your suggestions - thanks so much!!

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Maybe....

Dim NextRow As Long
Dim LastRow As Long

With Worksheets("Sheetnamehere")
NextRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row + 1
LastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "AG").End(xlUp).Row

.Range("ah2:am2").Copy _
Destination:=.Cells(NextRow, "AH")

'AH to AM is 6 columns
.Cells(NextRow, "AH").Resize(1, 6).AutoFill _
Destination:=.Range(.Cells(NextRow, "AH"), _
.Cells(LastRow, "AM"))
End With

But you can copy the formulas into the receiving range in your paste and drop
the autofill:

Dim NextRow As Long
Dim LastRow As Long

With Worksheets("Sheetnamehere")
NextRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row + 1
LastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "AG").End(xlUp).Row

.Range("ah2:am2").Copy _
Destination:=.Cells(NextRow, "AH").Resize(LastRow - NextRow + 1)

End With

Are you really using columns A and AG to determine the next and last row?

Kell2604 wrote:

Hi guys...

I have a macro that needs to:
1) Copy static range of formulas
2) navigate to first empty cell in row/column
3) Paste data in that empty cell
4) Autofill to end of data as determined by prior column.

Everything works great until I get to the autofill part. I think I must be
missing something obvious but I'm just STUCK!! Any thoughts you have would be
GREATLY appreciated. I have hunted around the message boards but not seeing
what I need. I can make this work if I am pasting the formulas into a static
range and then autofilling. The problem seems to be that my destination
range is different everytime. And so the macro needs to find the empty cell
(which I have working) and then autofill from there.

Range("AH2:AM2").Select
Selection.Copy
Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
lRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "AG").End(xlUp).Row
Range("AH:AM")AutoFill Destination:=Range("AH:AM" & lRow)

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson