Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
burl_h burl_h is offline

Default Loop thru range and determine if filename exists in selected folder

I'm looking for some code that will do the following:-

I have a range of cells that list certain bitmap file names. I want to
loop thru the list in the range, open a folder and determine if a
matching filename from the range of cells exists in the folder. If so
place a simple comment in the adjacent cell next to the filename in
the range of cells. The comment should be something like, "Present" if
a match is found or "Missing" is one is not found.

The range of cells could be "A1:A20"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

burl_h