Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Cannot total the results of an "IF" formula

Select column C and Paste SpecialAddOK?Esc

This should have read Select column C and Paste SpecialAddOKEsc

Just because they are formatted as Number does not mean they are numbers.

In a helper column enter =ISNUMBER(C2)

TRUE or FALSE?

Gord

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 13:12:01 -0800, Aussie Rob <Aussie
wrote:

The column is a number. When I attempt the fix suggested it changes the
numeric value in the cell into "VALUE"

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Perhaps the numbers in column C are text?

Format all to General or Number then copy an empty cell.

Select column C and Paste SpecialAddOK?Esc

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 12:06:12 -0800, Aussie Rob
wrote:

I am working on a financial spreadsheet and use the "IF" formula to place
information in a result column. =IF(F2="restaurant",C2,0)
This formula puts the value into the restaurant column but when I ask for
"autosum" for the resultant column it will not calculate. Any suggestions?