Jonibenj

Dear RD,

Thanks for the tip - it works like a charm on some testing data I made
up. However, I also have text strings on the other two lines of sheet
2 that need copying down also, thus:

='Sheet1'!A1
HD_EX Y
HD
='Sheet1'!A2
HD_EX Y
HD

and so on.

By experimenting, I actually found that to make your suggestion work
properly, I should only use the 'fill handle' on cells A1-A3 instead of
A1-A6.

However, my links are actually a bit more complex than this. I have
quite a long formula including text strings and references. I also
have text strings on the two intervening lines which need copying also.
Here is a sample of the three lines that need copying:

="HD_SN "&'ED Numbers'!$A$23&'ED Numbers'!B8&'ED Numbers'!C8&"T"
HD_EX Y
HD

When I perform your copy procedure on this, it seems to work, except
for one problem - the references B8 & C8 do not change! It is like
they are operating as absolute references, but as you can see, they
aren't!

Any advances??

Jonathan

--