Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] EagleOne@discussions.microsoft.com is offline

Default VBA code to format only the cells added in a new row insertion

Interesting thoughts. THat said I need a worksheet_ChangeEvent to unprotect the added (which were
added via row insertion only) cells only.

It might be interesting if I knew hor to query the ReDo function for Row inserts. I do just not
know how to access those properties or attributes

"Spreadsheet Solutions" wrote:

Hi birdy;

If I understood you well, you might try this one.

I regularly face this "problem" with my projects.
People must be able to insert new records (at the bottom of a
database/table/list), but may not change the contents of that database.

I solve that this way.

The fully protected database starts at row 9 with the headings/fieldnames so
that the first record is in row 10 (easy for counting etc).

Now in row 6 I put the same fieldnames as on row 9 and row 7 becomes the
"Input-record"
New stuff is inserted into this row which is always unprotected.

Then you can then do several things.

I first check the contents of the input record and when that is correct,
unprotect the database/worksheet, add the record at the bottom ot the
database,
format the database so that the new/last/added record looks like all the
others, clean the input-record and protect the database/worksheet again.

All this is triggered by a command-button.

Might that be a solution ?

--
Regards;
Mark Rosenkrantz