Barb Reinhardt

Are you using VLOOKUP to access data from another workbook? This may be
your problem. As I understand it, the VLOOKUP updates only when the other
workbooks are open. Depending on what you want, you may want to consider
using INDIRECT_EXT. It will return values in closed workbooks.

http://xcell05.free.fr/english/moref...direct.ext.htm

"Preston Nuckols" <Preston wrote in
message ...
Sometimes my VLOOKUP values change in an open spreadsheet when I open
another
spreadsheet with similar VLOOKUP formulas. If I close the spreadsheet and
save the changes without noticing it can jack my report up pretty good.

There's several other analyst here who've run into that from time to time,
but no one knows what's going on or how to fix it.

Has anyone had a similar experience or know how to avoid that?