Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default How can I click on a cell and enter a default value?

Glad you got it figured out.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"pawlingJohn" wrote in message
Opps!!! I have to put the X in quotes.

Thanks a millions Don.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Right click the sheet tabview codecopy/paste this.
Now when you select cell E2 the number 234 will appear in that cell.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"pawlingJohn" wrote in message
Don,

Thanks for the quick reply but i have never worked with VB and am not
sure
what to do once I put the code in.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Try using

If Target.Address = "$E$2" Then Target = 234
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"pawlingJohn" wrote in message
I would like to be able to click on a cell and have a value
automatically
entered. I would like this to work like a forms control checkbox.
Or
is
my
only answer use the control checkbox?