Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default use of arrow keys in Excel

By the way, I forgot to mention that you can control how far the Image moves
using the MoveAmount constant declared in the subroutine's Const
statement... experiment with some values to see which movement amount you
like.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Rick Rothstein" wrote in message
But that code is for a CommandButton... you said you wanted to move an
Image control around. The reason I said I think it may be hard to do that
is because the Image control cannot take focus and it does not have a
KeyDown (nor a KeyUp or KeyPress) event. You might be able to put code in
every other control's KeyDown event procedure if you don't have too many
other controls on the UserForm and handle the problem that way. If you
want to do it that way, copy/paste this subroutine into the UserForm's
code window...

Sub MoveImage1(ByVal Direction As Long)
Const MoveAmount As Long = 2
Select Case Direction
Case vbKeyLeft
Image1.Left = Image1.Left - MoveAmount
Case vbKeyRight
Image1.Left = Image1.Left + MoveAmount
Case vbKeyUp
Image1.Top = Image1.Top - MoveAmount
Case vbKeyDown
Image1.Top = Image1.Top + MoveAmount
End Select
End Sub

and, for **every** control on the UserForm that has a KeyDown event
procedure available, put this single line in that KeyDown event...

MoveImage1 KeyCode

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Dean" wrote in message
On Jan 12, 1:17 pm, Dean wrote:
Hey thanks alot, even though that wasn't quite what I was looking for,
I may use it on later projects,

hello, yea I found it out from an old example I got from the Internet,
the code it
Private Sub CommandButton1_KeyDown(ByVal KeyCode As
MSForms.ReturnInteger, ByVal Shift As Integer)
If KeyCode = 1 Then
MsgBox hello world

but the only problem is I don't know what key cone is which, I think
the left arrow is 37, but how could I find these no's out???