Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jack B. Pollack Jack B. Pollack is offline

Default How to set 'insert picture' default open location

Thank you. This was helpful

"Mike H" wrote in message
Hmmm,

I thought that would be as easy as changing to the correct directory

before
calling the dialog but it seems to want to default to My Pictures. Here's

an
alternative

Const MyPath As String = "Your Full path"
ChDir MyPath
MyPicture = Application.GetOpenFilename _
(filefilter:=("JPG files,*.jpg"), Title:="Select picture",

MultiSelect:=False)
If MyPicture = False Then Exit Sub
ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert (MyPicture)

Mike

"Jack B. Pollack" wrote:

Hi,

using application.dialogs( xldialoginsertpicture) to open a dialog box.

How
can I control the path that the dialog box open with?