Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to search files using EXCEL codes?

There are a few alternatives shown in this thread that might prove helpful
to you (read through to the end to see them all)...

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/for...-03f7994369d6/

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Jiajin" wrote in message
Dear All:
I wrote a program under EXCEL2003 using "Application.FileSearch" to search
the file. The program asks the user to give a file name for saving result
data. The purpose of "Application.FileSearch" is to find if an exist file
has
the idendical name with the name given by user. It works OK under
EXCEL2003.
But when the program runs under EXCEL2007, a run-time error displys:
"Object
doesn't suppot this action".

I don't know how to modify the code for such function. Please help me.
Thanks a lot.