Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Corey[_3_] Corey[_3_] is offline

Default set variable from .find

Robert,
try adapting something like the below:

Dim rngFound As Range
On Error Resume Next
With Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A:A")
Set rngFound = .Find(What:="LCL"), After:=.Cells(1), LookIn:=xlValues,
LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext,
MatchCase:=False, Matchbyte:=False)
If rngFound.Value < "" then
msgbox "Found!"
end if
end with

Corey....
"Robert H" wrote in message
I'm using the following to search for text in a cell and then assign
that cell to variable. later I select the entire row.

Dim lclRow As Range
With ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Cells
Set lclRow = .Find(What:="LCL")
End With

I want to do three things but am screwing up the procedure.

1. condense the selection to one line. i see no need to use the With
statement in this case.
2.Just search the first column

Ive tried a few version of the following to no avail:

Set lclRow = ActiveSheet.Columns(1).Cells.Find
(What:="LCL")

Set lclRow = Range("A:A").Find(What:="LCL")
both return nothing

3.would like to set lclRow to the entire column in the same statement
if possible.

thanks