Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DA[_2_] DA[_2_] is offline

Default calculate

From that URL, it seems that the problem is related to a large number
of lookup fucntions, each looking at the same, very wide, range.

The recalc time is instantaneous, even though it is apparantly a full
recalc. If it is simply a full recalc problem, then the results are
correct, right? It also seems that formual auditing is disabled,
which is distrurbing to me, as I like to audit the file with those.

Thru some tests, the author finds that, apparently, the symptom is
triggered when a 5824th exact same lookup referecne is added, so
perhaps that clears the 8,000 issue from being the problem and it is
more related to the repeated use of large lookup ranges.

I do beleive, if we can find the exact cuase, that this file could be
reporgrammed to fix the problem. I think the wide ranges were just
the easiest way to do it, but that they could be narrowed with not too
much trouble.

Thanks so much for your response, Charles.
Dean