Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default using the functions of the excel to identify if a color in the cell changed

First of all no event is triggered when a user changes a cell format, though
things may update in the next calculate event.

That aside, from what you describe I think you'd be better off with VBA. The
only non-VBA way I know of is with a named XL4macro formula, which will be
restricted to returning the format of a cell that's always in the same
offset to the cell containing the named formula.

Regards,
Peter T

"thread" wrote in message
Hi
i will need to build a sum using the functionalities of excel to
identify if a cell change his color
for example

only green cells should be counted
1(white)
2(white)
3(green)
4(green)
the sum will be 7

it is very easy to do it via vba but i would like to do it via the
functionalities of excel
is it posible?