Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
glp_127 glp_127 is offline

Default Loop through rows to consolidate data

I have a simple excel file: column A is list of words and column B shows a
number. (This will become an index of terms in a book -- column B is the
page number reference). The list can be easily sorted, but then I need to
remove rows with duplicate words and just concatenate the page number
references in column B. The result should look like:
word1: 1,35,160
word2: 55
word3: 3, 88

I understand the basic logic required: compare column A value to value from
previous row. If it's the same, concatenate the column B value, delete the
current row and move on.

I'm not experienced with VBA programming though. Does someone have some
code to start with or other ideas? Thank-you.