Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KWC KWC is offline

Default Update Links prompt

I am opening an Excel document programatically through VBA no matter what
I've tried I cannot get it to display the security warning in the Message bar
"update of automatic links is disabled". The users want this to come up so
they can decide. I have tried every combination of the
Application.AskToUpdateLinks and Open(..., UpdateLinks :=...) and still the
Message bar will not appear. If you open the file from disk on its own, it
always comes up with the message bar.

For now I have a workaround with a message box that asks them if they want
to update links then forces the parameter in the Workbook.Open method, but
would really like to know if I could get the standard behaviour.

Thanks,
Kelly