Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
aamerrasheed via OfficeKB.com aamerrasheed via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Points based on goal & weight of measures

Hi,
Can you please clarify one thing. For M3 and M5, points should be higher if
the actual is less. How to decide the points in this case.
For example for M3 you say, <=25 percent. Now if the actual is 0% or 25% or
50 %, what points do you want to give?

Mayte wrote:
Hi-

I have no idea is this can be done as a marco but .... wondering if anybody
can give me any suggestions??

I need to do a ranking for my managers. I had a simple ranking:
actual/goal=score and then a raking from 1 to 5 but now my director added a
weight to each measure and that sort threw me off. I honestly went blank
because can't figure out the points using the weight for each measure ....any
ideas??

column-A, measures (all are unique, no duplicates)
column-B, goals (some are greater than and some less than)
column-C, weight for each measure
column-D, actual results
column-E, will have the points scored
column-F, will be the ranking based on the points

A B C D E F
Measure Goal Weight Actual Points Ranking
M-1 = 85% 45% 45%
M-2 = 90% 25% 25%
M-3 <= 25% 5% 5%
M-4 = 95% 10% 10%