Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz JLGWhiz is offline

Default Saving Active Worksheet

Probably need to:

Sub dj()
newsht = ActiveSheet.Copy
Set Wkb = ActiveWorkbook
Wkb.Sheets("Sheet1").Name = "mySheet"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="testfile.xls"
End Sub

You can modify to suit your purposes. This will automatically create a new
workbook when you copy the sheet without specifying a before or after
destination. Then you simply name the sheet if desired and save the workbook
as whatever path and file name you desire.

"ypukpete" wrote:

I want to save only the active worksheet in a workbook using a command button.
I need the Save As screen to appear so that I can send it to the folder I
require at the time and also give the worksheet a new name, but let me know
if it is invalid. Probably easy when you know how.
I am using excel 2000. Any assistance appreciated
--
ypukpete