Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
EricC EricC is offline

Default AutoComplete feature in Drop Down Menus?

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for replying. I already tried this and it doesn't work. I tried the
copy/paste of the exact code as it appears and cannot get the AutoComplete or
Formatting functionality from the combo box on the data validation cells. Can
you confirm that this code works for Excel 2007?

Thanks,
Eric

"Eduardo" wrote:

Hi Eric,
Check Debra Web, it will answer your question

"EricC" wrote:

Hi,

Thanks in advance to any who can help me on this.

I have spreadsheet with 3000 items which I am using as a reference for data
validation. I have created a drop down list that refers to this and it is
working perfectly. The problem is that I would like to have an AutoComplete
feature for this drop down list so that I don't have to scroll through 3,000
items to select the right one. I would like to start typing a few letters and
have the reduced list come up and then select the right one.

I have already tried the previous advice from the Contextures website
the combo box editing but it does not work in Excel 2007. I already tried the
copy/paste of the VBA code to format the combo box and I still can't get it
to work.

Does anybody know how to get this to work in Excel 2007?

Thanks,

Eric