Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
EricC EricC is offline

Default AutoComplete feature in Drop Down Menus?

Hi,

Thanks in advance to any who can help me on this.

I have spreadsheet with 3000 items which I am using as a reference for data
validation. I have created a drop down list that refers to this and it is
working perfectly. The problem is that I would like to have an AutoComplete
feature for this drop down list so that I don't have to scroll through 3,000
items to select the right one. I would like to start typing a few letters and
have the reduced list come up and then select the right one.

I have already tried the previous advice from the Contextures website
the combo box editing but it does not work in Excel 2007. I already tried the
copy/paste of the VBA code to format the combo box and I still can't get it
to work.

Does anybody know how to get this to work in Excel 2007?

Thanks,

Eric