Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default last row of sheet1 to use in a formula in sheet2

Just a typo that was in the original that was carried over in your response:

Range("A1:E(" & SLRow & ")")
should be:
Range("A1:E" & SLRow)
or
Range("A1:E" & LRow)

I'm know that the ()'s shouldn't be there. I'm confused by the SLRow/LRow
stuff, though.

Rick Rothstein wrote:

Anything included between quote marks in a string value is considered as
text... your SLRow is nothing more than 5 characters of text where you put
it. In order to get the variables *value* inserted at the location you
indicated, you have to concatenate it there. Try this...

Range("A1:E(" & SLRow & ")")

Now VB will see SLRow as the variable and will substitute its value at that
location.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Solutions Manager" wrote in
message ...
I would like to use the last row number as a value in the last row of a
range.

For example, the following formula will determine a row number that I can
display in a message.:
LRow = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("sales").Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row

Now, on another worksheet in the same workbook, I have a macro that at
some
point has the following line:
Range("A1:E1").Select
Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("A1:E201"), Type:=xlFillDefault

I would like the LRow value to be inserted in place of the 201 in the
range
above. I tried Range("A1:E(SLRow)") but that didn't work.

This must be easy, but maybe I am tired and so it eludes me.

--

Dave Peterson