Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Alan Alan is offline

Default Object name on user form

Because there are a number of text boxes (10) I don't know where the
user is or where he/she wants to 'paste' to so I can't use the simple

TextBox3.Value = TextBox1.Value

(In answer to Simon, yes, I am trying to make the value stored in the
'paste' box the same as the 'copy' box but only those selected by the
user, not all of them)

Me.ActiveControl.Name returns the name of the selected box but I am
now having trouble using it as the source in a 'paste' command. How
can I turn this text string into an object? - any further ideas please

Me.ActiveControl simply returns the boolean value 'False' and so is
of no use

Alan

On Jan 2, 11:29*am, Mike H wrote:
Hi,

There's no need for copying and pasting use

TextBox3.Value = TextBox1.Value

This line returns the active control name

Me.ActiveControl.Name

nd this retuns the value

Me.ActiveControl

Mike