Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default Hiding automated spreadsheet activity

hi
it might be helpful if you provide an example of the code your are using
that causes this disturbing code behavior but to take a wild guess, you might
try this
prior to the start of the disturbing code behavior...
application.screenupdating = false.
this might reduce the "flicker"
then at the end of the code
application.screenupdating = true
this might cause a small "blip" as the updates take

post back with more details if this doesn't work for you.

Regards
FSt1

"ajmplanner" wrote:

I have an excelspreadshett with several sheets. I have automated the
spreadsheet with VB Excel. There is a lot of activity moving data from one
spreadsheet to another. In action, it is very disturbing to the user as the
code switches back and forth between sheets, across columns, etc. It gives a
fast flickering effect.

How can I hide this activity while hte code is executing?

Thanks in advance for a reply.