CC

Default how you get the sum by using the mouse

sorry in advance but not sure which forum to put this in.

I used to be able to highlight an area of spreadsheet with the mouse and in
the bottom right corner it would say "SUM= the value of all the entries in
the cells."

Since i came back my holidays someones messed about with it nad now it says
"COUNT=the number of cells with values within the chosen range"

Its pretty annoying now as i found the SUM function better for my job
because I sometimes need rough values and can just highlight the area or pick
certain values using the control key.

I've tried looking about in formatting etc but have no idea what to do.

thanks,

CC