Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default first column in row

Try:

Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
Cells(Target.Row, 1).Interior.ColorIndex = 1

Gary''s Student - gsnu200822

"Martin" wrote:

Hello,

I want to colour the first column in the active row to black, to highlight
to the user which row is being edited (just to assist in end user comfort!).
I have the follwoing code which doesnt work, can anyone help?

Range(Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 1)).Interior.colourindex = 1
End Sub

Thanks in advance. Sorry it's basic, I just cant think how to do this.