geess geess is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Hi OssieMac,
Your reply to Jocelyn gave me some idea on how to implement what i was trying to do, however, i am not quite there yet. This time, instead of arrows, i wanted to use 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and full moon. I found the symbols under Arial Unicode MS, subset "Geometric Shapes". The character code were identified as follows :

1/4moon - 25D4
1/2moon - 25D1
3/4moon - 25D5
fullmoon - 25CF

However, these are in Unicode (hex) and when i applied your formula (just for a quick validation, like shown,

=IF(S4=5,CHAR(25D4),IF(S45,CHAR(25D1),CHAR(25D5)) ), i got an error.

So i converted the hex to ascii with 25D4 as 9684 and etc, it still wouldnt help. Please help!!! -- thanks -- geess