Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Coping cell comments to another cell

These can get you started with macros...

http://www.bettersolutions.com/excel...R646543531.htm

http://www.anthony-vba.kefra.com/

http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/vb...rder/index.htm

The key to programming macros, after you get the basics down, is (in my
opinion) to familiarize yourself with the various Objects and their
Properties as well as the various Collection take Excel maintains. I'm not
saying to memorize them, just read through them (and their descriptions) a
few times so your mind has seen them... then when the opportunity to use one
of them crops up, you might remember you saw something like it in the help
files somewhere and you can then search it out. If you have never seen them,
then it will be impossible for your mind to remember having seen them and
the opportunity to use them will be lost. Like any other programming
language, none of this will come overnight... you need to practice,
practice, practice. And don't be afraid to make mistakes... trying to figure
out why a piece of code that you thought should have worked, but didn't, is
the best way to learn.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Still Learning" wrote in message
Hey, I just got back to work and your macro worked perfectly. Maybe the
reason was because I did type it instead of coping it.

Can you recomned sites/books that will help me learn the codes for these
macros?

Thanks a whole lot,
Chris

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

I notice that I did not include the warning message box you mentioned
about
the active sheet not having any comments on it; here is my code, modified
show a message box when there are no comments on the active worksheet...

Sub ShowCommentsNextCell()
Dim C As Comment
If ActiveSheet.Comments.Count 0 Then
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each C In ActiveSheet.Comments
With C.Parent.Offset(, 1)
If .Value = "" Then .Value = C.Text
End With
Next
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Else
MsgBox "There are no comments on this sheet."

Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Rick Rothstein" wrote in message
Give this macro a try; it is a little more compact than the one posted
on
Debra's website and it operates slightly differently also (no error
checking is required with it)...

Sub ShowCommentsNextCell()
Dim C As Comment
If ActiveSheet.Comments.Count 0 Then
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each C In ActiveSheet.Comments
With C.Parent.Offset(, 1)
If .Value = "" Then .Value = C.Text
End With
Next
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

By the way, you should always copy/paste code from newsgroups and/or
websites rather than typing them into the VB code windows (as your
original post indicated you did).

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Still Learning" <Still wrote in
message ...
No it is not. I'm assuming that the macro doesn't need anything typed
into
it (ie ranges (a1:b4) or sheet names or anythng).

Thanks for trying to help.

PS, is there somewhere that lists what these comands do? (as I said,
I'm
still learning)

"Joshua Fandango" wrote:

Community Message Not Available