Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JeremyJ JeremyJ is offline

Default Auto Filter Freeze Up

I narrowed down the problem to ScreenUpdating. It ended up having nothing to
do with my formatting code. It's as simple as this....

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
End Sub

Excel Freezes when I try to sort data using the Sort buttons in the
autofilter:
Sort A to Z
Sort Z to A
Sort by Color

When I click the "X" to close the program and click cancel when it asks me
if I want to save or not Excel unfreezes. I am using Excel 2007 with Vista.
Any ideas? Are you able to recreate this problem on your computer?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

As always post your code. You probably didn't restrict the code to your
cell.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"JeremyJ" wrote in message
I have "Worksheet_SelectionChange" code that alters the formating on the
sheet when I select a certain cell. For some reason excel freezes when I
use
the Auto Filter. What should I do???