Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
brian the great brian the great is offline

Default Coping cell comments to another cell

On Dec 26, 12:26*pm, "Rick Rothstein"
wrote:
Give this macro a try; it is a little more compact than the one posted on
Debra's website and it operates slightly differently also (no error checking
is required with it)...

Sub ShowCommentsNextCell()
* Dim C As Comment
* If ActiveSheet.Comments.Count 0 Then
* * Application.ScreenUpdating = False
* * For Each C In ActiveSheet.Comments
* * * With C.Parent.Offset(, 1)
* * * * If .Value = "" Then .Value = C.Text
* * * End With
* * Next
* * Application.ScreenUpdating = True
* End If
End Sub

By the way, you should always copy/paste code from newsgroups and/or
websites rather than typing them into the VB code windows (as your original
post indicated you did).

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Still Learning" <Still wrote in ...

No it is not. *I'm assuming that the macro doesn't need anything typed
into
it (ie ranges (a1:b4) or sheet names or anythng).

Thanks for trying to help.

PS, is there somewhere that lists what these comands do? *(as I said, I'm
still learning)

"Joshua Fandango" wrote:

Community Message Not Available- Hide quoted text -

I think the problem with the original macro was that it only picks up
comments on the current page. so if you apply the macro to a command
button, it will only scan the current worksheet for comments in which
the command button that executed the macro resides. If there are no
comments posted on the current worksheet, the dialogue box will return
"no comments found" even thought there could be several in the
remainder of the workbook.

Try manipulating the language so that it applies to the entire
workbook when executing so that it doesnt just scan an indidual sheet.

hopefully that helps, if not, disregard.