Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RexRhino RexRhino is offline

Default Barcode scanning macro

I have an original Cuecat scanner that works fine, but I need an Excel macro
that will translate to UPC-A and UPC-E. The main purpose is for price
lookup. I work for a small retail store, so the inventory can be entered
manually. I do not need to create barcodes; I only need to read them and
enter the text data.

I tried using CatNip. I got it to work once, but now it will not translate.
I even tried creating an Access database using CatDecoder. It translated
fine, but would not allow me to add fields. The scanner even works with
Readerware, but I just need to create a price lookup database.

I don't want to spend $50-$100 for a scanner when my free one works fine, or
$200-$400 for software when all I need is a free macro.