Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Still Learning Still Learning is offline

Default Coping cell comments to another cell

Okay, I took out the lines you said. I still get the no comments found msg.

Here is what I'm doing to test this;
I highlight the cell that has a comment (with the little red triangle) and
select run macro. That's when I get the msg.

I've also tried running the macro on the sheet, it did the same, that's why
I tried just the one cell.

I very new to programming in VB. I would really like to get this to work.

"Joshua Fandango" wrote:

Hi SL,

Works fine for me.
Are you sure the cells to the right of the ones containing the
comments are blank?

If you take out the lines:
If mycell.Offset(0, 1).Value = "" Then
&
End If

It should overwrite anything found in the cells to the right - any use
to you?

HtH,
JF

On 25 Dec, 10:17, Still Learning
wrote:
I have been trying to use this macro:http://www.contextures.com/xlcomment...l#CopyAdjacent
to copy comments into a different cell. I have seen numerious links to this
same macro, but I can't get it to work. I type it into VB just as it is
written, but when I run the macro, I always get the dialog box that says "no
comments found", even though there are comments. Any ideas what I'm doing
wrong?