Default Help with Excel Dates

HELLLLP !!!! :D

Ok I have a database at work that when extracted from Foxpro to Access
and then to Excel so that i can finaly work with it, all the fields
(which are numbers) are stored as text. After converting all the fields
(thanks to another post showing that you can copy blank cells over your
data using the add and value options in paste special) my dates are all
messed up. What is happening is that the date is stored as a number in
the following format "yyyymmdd". Example "20010123". When you try and
convert that to a date it gives me an infinate number of #. How do i
convert this format into a date i can actualy use in excel in a date
field??

Thanks
Andrew