Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Neon520 Neon520 is offline

Default Paste Special - Values code

Hi Jim,

I'm searching for a way to Paste Special and came across what you answer to
ogopogo5.
And so I try your method of Range("S1").value = range("L63").value

Except that it also paste along with the format that I place in the column
that I did originally - Data Validation - DropDown List.

Is there a way paste special so that on the text come along and NOT the
spcial formatting?

Thank you,
Neon520

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

You have not copied anything so there is nothing to paste. That being said
you do not need to copy and paste at all. Try this one line...

Range("S1").value = range("L63").value
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"ogopogo5" wrote:

I'm trying to get this simple code working but I get this following
error message.

Run-Time error '1004':
PasteSpecial Method of Range Class Failed

The following is the code.

L63 has a code of =SUM(L20:L50)

Range("L63").Select
Selection.Cut
Range("S1").Select
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False

Is there another "paste special - values" code that will work?

Ogopogo5