rmellison

Default Horrible looking IF function....

I using the IF function to enter a certain value from another workbook into
a cell, but if that value happens to be 0, to enter "" (blank). My reference
is quite a long winded expression using VLOOKUP, and I find that I have to
enter the expression twice within the formula, once in the first argument for
IF followed by <0, and again in the second argument for IF, to show what I
want in the cell if the first condition is true. Basically, something like
this, itself has an IF function and VLOOKUP function amongst others...

=IF([expression]<0,[expression],"")

Its easy enough to copy and paste the expression, but I end up with a
function that's 3 lines long in the cell window and it looks pretty hairy!
Surely there must be a tidier way of doing this???