Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Scotts Scotts is offline

Default Table Data Entry from Form

Hello all,

I have developed many Access applictions but am now in a situation where my
client wants to work only in Excel (Office 2003) where I haven't done much
programming.

I have an application where I need users to enter data into a table located
in a data entry tab. This table is also a dynamic range and is the source of
a pivot table. On a separate tab (the report tab) I am using GETPIVOTDATA
functions to display the data from the pivot table. I have a simple macro
that refreshes the pivot table after the users enter data (run by a command
button).

Here is what I'd like to do: I'd like the users to be able to enter their
data from a form they can access from the report tab (click an "Add New
Record" button to pop the form). When they complete an entry I'd like to add
that record to the next row of the data entry table then refresh the pivot
table. This way the users can work in only one tab and not have to even be
aware of the data entry tab.

Does anyone have anything similar running or a link to a source that could
quickly get me up and running on how to do this?

Thanks in advance for any direction you can provide.

--
Scott S