Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default Removing The Quit/X Button On An Userform

Although you can disable the little x, even remove the entire caption, it
goes against convention and is not necessary. Put a button on the form, set
its Cancel property = True. Press Esc, the little x and the button

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
' set the cancel property of this button =True
' so it'll be called if user presses Esc
If Chow = True Then Exit Sub
Unload Me

End Sub

Private Function Chow() As Boolean

If MsgBox("Do you really want to cancel and quit ?", _
vbYesNo) < vbNo Then
' cancel code
Else
Chow = True
End If

End Function

Private Sub UserForm_QueryClose(Cancel As Integer, CloseMode As Integer)
If CloseMode < 1 Then
Cancel = Chow

Peter T

"Hennie Neuhoff" wrote in message
Hi All
Is it possible to remove the Quit/X button in the upper right corner of a
userform ?
Alternatively I've got a command button "Cancel" on the userform - if the
user do
click the Quit/ X button that the code for the cancel button applies?
I'm satisfied with the code for the cancel button, but I don't know what
steps should
be taken if the user click on the Quit/X button. [using 2003]

Thanks in advance

--
HJN