Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default xlCellTypeBlanks, but no blank cells to delete

Count before Selecting:

If Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).Count0 then
Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).Select
Selection.Delete Shift=xlToLeft
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007k

"Melvin Purvis" wrote:

As part of importing a csv file, I have to correct some errors in the data.
What I had before worked OK, but this weeks version of the csv made my code
bomb out.

What I'm doing is deleting some blank cells. This week, there were no blank
cells in the csv!

This is what I have now:

Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).Select
Selection.Delete Shift=xlToLeft

What I need is something to do this:
Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).Select
If there are no blank cells, jump past the next line
Selection.Delete Shift=xlToLeft
to here

HELP PLEASE!