Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rominall Rominall is offline

Default Help with if and looping

There are about 20 different status' and of those about 11 are working
status'. I tried a pivot table, but I can't get it to work. I'm really lost
here. I don't know which method is best or which one will work if I can get
all the kinks out.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

You need to define your "worked" criteria. I can see that "sick" is not
worked. Is "oncall" worked???

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Rominall" wrote in message
Okay, I have a table that lists people, their age and then their work
status.
Looks like this
Name Age Day 1 Day 2 Day 3
Joe 18 Reg Stock Sick
Jill 20 Leave OnCall Reg
Mack 18 Reg OnCall Stock

Now I have a roll up table that needs to show for each day how many 18 yrs
olds worked. So it would look like this
Age Day 1 Day 2 Day 3
18 2 2 1
20 1 1 1

I've tried a countif statement but there's too many variables. There's up
to 20 status and about half are active and close to 50 ages.
I've tried a macro but I keep getting stuck with looping through the days.

How should I go about this? Help!!!!