Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bogdan Bogdan is offline

Default Something similar to FIFO method

Hi everyone,

I would like to create a script similar with FIFO (first-in first out)
method, but instead of taking out the oldest item from stock, it should take
out the stock with the smallest (minimum) acquisition price. For instance if
I have:

Type Date Number Acquisition Lot
of units price per unit

IN 29-Oct-08 3,000 7.8500 1
IN 30-Oct-08 75,000 7.9000 2
IN 06-Nov-08 7,500 7.8000 3
OUT 25-Nov-08 12,500 8.1027

On 25th of November the quantity of 12,500 units should be taken out in the
following order:
- first 7,500 units from Lot 3, as this lot has the smallest acquisition price
- the following 3,000 units from Lot 1, as this lot has the minimum
available acquisition price
- the difference of 2,000 unit from lot 2

I hope I was pretty concise in my explanantions.

Can anyone help me?

Many thanks in advance,

Bogdan