Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Please help for macro in Excel "2003"

Hi,

Microsoft have already provided for this.

Select column I and then
Format|Conditional Format
Formula is
enter the formla
=COUNTIF(I:I,I1)1
Pick the colour blue and click OK

Duplicates in Column I will now be coloured blue

Mike

"vijay" wrote:

Hi,

I am working in a organisation and do work in Excel(2003). I work on hug
numbers of invoicing files, were i come across with duplicate file which i
have worked on. but in some case i really don't come to know about the
duplicate files on which i have worked on.
My file are some what like this "SRORNDR_KRODYC_12_012345" and each file is
different from each other.But sometimes i received the same file twice or
thrice, or even more than that.
What i want is whenever i key a file in Column "I" and if the same file is
repeated again at any given row in Column "I", it should show the
repeated/duplicate file in "Blue" color.
I want an Macro on this. which will help me to find the duplicate files
everyday.
It would be helpful if you would write a MACRO on this. As i really don't
know anything about Macro.

--
vijay

click "I Agree" in the message pane.