Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
BEEJAY BEEJAY is offline

Default Simplify Code for Borders

Trying to work thru all my existing codes to "chop" them into smaller pieces,
clean them up, re-arrange how they work together, etc.

I have seen samples of code for borders that greatly improve the "recorded"
macros. My attempt, as follows, fails, as I really don't know what I am doing.

My Original code will provide instruction as to what range the borders are
reqiured on. Then Call BorderInThin

Sub BorderInThin

With Selection.Borders = Array(xlInsideVertical, xlInsideHorizontal)
.LineStyle = xlSolid
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlThin
.ColorIndex = xlAutomatic
End With

QUESTIONS:
1: What changes required to make the above work.
2: Where can one find detailed definitions of code expressions.
For example, using the "recorded" macro, I can comment out lineStyle =
xlSolid, AND LineStyle = xlContinuous and ColorIndex = xlAutomatic with no
APPARENT change in how the code works. I have to assume I'm missing something
here, as well. I expect some definitions would be a good start.
3: I want to take a course on VBA that starts right back in "kindergarten".
However, everyone seems to have switched the courses to MS Office 2007.
My company is still working with 2003 (and OO).
Is 2007 still using the same language?
If yes, I presume a current course would still be of benefit to learn
the basics I
am missing?
I hope someone can guide me on these issues.