Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Select Union query in Excel

Mike,

I don't have an answer for you - there are techniques within Excel to get an
answer - but you are using the wrong application: any database application
would be preferable to Excel with that number of records.

Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"mikeb" wrote in message
Hi, I have a WB that contains x number of sheets. There are multiple
sheets
that that are called Open (Open1, Open2, etc) and the same for sheets that
are called Closed (we use Excel 2003, limited to 65k rows, tha is why we
use
multiple sheets for open and closed transactions). Each sheet has a
SecurID
column that is supposed to be unique. I need to run a query that will
check
for duplicate SecurID's and give me the ID and # of duplicates. Its a
select
union query between Open and Closed. IMPORTANT, the query need to run on
the
curent workbook that is in memory and not a saved version of the file on
the
network. Also, what type of a ADO connction string would I use to connect
the current open WB.

Thanks,
Mike